All of the flavors of fall rolled up into perfect little No-Bake Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites!
Vegan, gluten-free, and ready in minutes!
Based on recent weather trends, I’m going to go out on a limb and say that Mother Nature falls under the “not ready” category. But lucky for all you fall fanatics out there, I’m thinking I may be able to persuade her with these No-Bake Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites…
Because really, who can resist this alluring combination of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and chocolate? The aromas alone are enough to have me reaching for a cozy sweater and a mug of piping hot apple cider (and a fan, because it is still in the 80s after all). It’s basically all of your favorite things about fall rolled up into an adorable and scrumptious little no-bake ball.. a fall ball, if you will.
For the past month or so, I’ve been patiently waiting for the weather cool down to reasonable temperatures before diving head-first into the stash of pumpkin I had sitting in my pantry. I was doing pretty good up until the calendar flipped over to September 22nd and I realized that the days of fall (and pumpkin-flavored treats) were officially numbered. So this past weekend, I bit the bullet and opened my first can of pumpkin.. and then proceeded to make not one, not two, but three separate pumpkin recipes.
On that note, I sure hope you like pumpkin… (although even if you don’t, something tells me that you’ll still find yourself shoveling these no-bake energy bites into your mouth).
If you’re like me and you’ve been holding off on indulging in all things pumpkin, then this recipe is for you. Not only does it contain the perfect blend of pumpkin and autumn spices to ease you into fall, but it’s also a no-bake recipe, which means no need to stand over a hot oven all day! And on top of that, it only requires one bowl, so you won’t have to break a sweat washing hundreds of dishes. Trust me, I put a lot of thought into these kinds of things.
So how does Mother Nature feel about these energy bites? Well, let’s just say I made these balls this weekend and suddenly the highs for this week have dropped from the upper 80s to the upper 60s. Coincidence? I’ll let you decide…
- 1/4 c natural almond butter (aka the "drippy" kind)
- 1/4 c pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 c rolled oats**
- 1/3 c pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c dark chocolate chunks, roughly chopped***
- Add almond butter, pumpkin, and maple syrup to a medium bowl and stir until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Place mixture in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (the longer the mixture chills, the easier it will be to form balls).
- Roll into 1" balls and store in refrigerator up to one week. Leftovers can be stored in the freezer and thawed in refrigerator.
- * For gluten-free version, be sure to use gluten-free certified oats.
- ** For vegan version, use vegan dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
- *** Total prep time listed does not include chill time.
- Makes about 18-20 balls.